After College: an AfterCollege.com Registration How-To
This How-To document explains how to register at AfterCollege.com, complete with screenshots. Please also see the Frequently Asked Questions section at the end.
This document was updated in April 2010 to reflect another redesign of the AfterCollege site.
2. Here is where you are filling in your most basic information. I'm pretending to be "Stanley Kramer."
Your email address is used as your AfterCollege login name.
This is also the page where you provide information about your degree.
Submit the form by pressing the button.
3. We need to edit our profile page. Find the link to that at the bottom of the page, anchored on your name, in my case "Stanley Kramer."
4. There is a variety of information
you can enter here on the profile page, but we are going to focus on
the "Add a website" field because if you have a web page to which you
want accesses to your CSE web page to be redirected, here is where you
will enter it. For example, if your username is
and you enter
will be redirected
http://www.company.com/~skramer/. Don't forget to press
the image or the website you enter
won't be saved. Press the button.
5. If you want email (or web) forwarding from your CSE account, we will need to know your CSE username. Somewhat oddly, to enter that you will start on the "Profile" page, find the the "Career Networks" heading, click on the "edit" link, click on "Edit" next to the "University of Washington Computer Science & Engineering" career network entry, and enter your "UW CSE ID" on that page. Be sure to press .
I registered at AfterCollege, but my email and/or web forwarding isn't happening yet. Why?
Establishing both email and web forwarding requires that a human being vet the request. That means that it will typically take a day or more before the requests take effect. Patience is counseled, but if it's been more than a couple of days, please contact the alumni program administrator and ask us to check that your request is being handled properly.
My email address changed. What now?
You can now change your email address and/or password on the profile page.
- Alumni Services
- Stay in Touch...
- Alumni Achievement Awards
- UW Recognition
- Support CSE
- Follow CSE Online