- Frank Thomas, Ollie Johnston, Disney Animation: The Illusion of Life
- Kit Laybourne, The Animation Book
- The Illusion of Life: collected essays
- Alias | Wavefront Power Animator manuals
- James Foley, Andries Van Dam, Steven Feiner, and John Hugues, Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice, Addison-Wesley, 1990.
Projects and due dates:The first five projects are due a week after they are assigned. Projects will be critiqued in class on the due date, so late projects are not acceptable. After a critique session, you will have one week to implement the suggestions given in class.
A class project will occupy the last five weeks of class. This will consist of several mini-deadlines and one final due date on the last day of class. The only way this project will be completed is if all deadlines are met.