UW CSE Recruiting Policy for Employers
All employment professionals recruiting Computer Science & Engineering students through the CSE department and other on-campus recruiting channels, such as the UW Career Center and other established College or University programs, are required to work within a framework of professionally accepted recruiting, interviewing, and selection techniques as stipulated in the NACE Principles for Professional Conduct.
To provide students with sufficient time to complete their employment search and make well informed decisions, we ask employers to abide by the deadlines outlined below. Failure to follow these policies may be detrimental to our students and may result in limiting employer access to departmental recruiting activities.
Students shall be given a minimum of 2 weeks to decide whether to accept a full-time offer or internship offer, or until the following deadlines, whichever is later. Exploding offers and special incentives, such as diminishing bonuses or location preferences, should not be used to encourage early acceptance of an offer. Signing bonuses should be honored whenever a student accepts an offer.
For full-time offers to previous summer interns
- For full-time offers extended to previous summer interns, students have until November 30 to make a decision.
New offers for full-time positions or interns
- Students extended offers during Autumn quarter have until November 30 to make a decision.
- Students extended offers during Winter break (after mid-December) have until February 15 to make a decision.
- Students extended offers during Winter quarter have until February 15 to make a decision.
- Students extended offers during Spring quarter have until April 15 to make a decision.
Internship offers extended to previous summer interns
- For internship offers extended to previous summer interns, students have until February 15 to make a decision.
Employers should be prepared to respond to status inquiries from students within one week of each interview, whether conducted on campus, off campus, or over the phone, for both full-time and internship positions.
**Please note that the time periods above start at the receipt of a written offer for employment to the student.