You may apply to the BS/MS program at different points in your undergraduate studies. Most students apply at the end of their junior years after completing all required 300-level CSE courses. A small number apply later, while finishing senior-level requirements or even after graduating. However, all students must begin graduate coursework within one year of receiving their bachelor's degrees. If you are unsure when to apply, please contact a CSE advisor.
Your application requires the following components:
- Statement of Purpose. Your statement should be no longer than one page. Topics to address include: (1) Why are you interested in pursuing a combined BS/MS? (2) What specific aspects of the program interest you, such as areas of study? (3) What makes you a good candidate for this program?
- References. List three CSE faculty members or affiliate faculty as references. Please list no more than one faculty member for whom you were a TA; the two others should be faculty you know through classwork or research.
- Transcripts: Upload a copy of your UW unofficial transcript (use the "printer-friendly" version from MyUW).
- Resume: You have the option to upload a current resume.
- MyCSE: Confirm that your MyCSE profile is up-to-date, including scholarships, co-ops/internships, and research.
There is no fee for students completing the initial CSE BS/MS application. Students admitted to the BS/MS program must complete the UW Grad School application and pay an application fee as well as an enrollment fee once they become a graduate student (due before tuition).
How To Apply
If you missed the BS/MS Information Session, here are the slides.
The BS/MS application is now closed. It will open around May 20th, 2013
Application deadline: Sometime in early June, still TBD
Faculty feedback period: June 11-15
Read apps: June 18-22
Admissions meeting: June 28 (130 PM)
Decisions sent via email around July 2nd.