Applications must be received by the December 17, 2012, deadline. All CSE department applicants must provide the following information on the online University of Washington Application for Graduate Study, found at: https://www.grad.washington.edu/applForAdmiss/.
- Statement of Purpose. An approximately 1000 word (max 500KB) online statement that includes your reasons for wishing to enter graduate studies in computer science. Describe your research interests and any relevant experience. Highlight accomplishments, skills or knowledge that could contribute to the intellectual and social enrichment of the department. You may include an explanation for weaknesses, if any, in your record. Type or copy/paste into the textbox.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV). A resume-like synopsis that emphasizes your academic accomplishments: degrees, publications, professional experience, honors/awards, and work experience. You can upload a PDF, Word, or plain text file of the CV to your online application.
- Three Letters of Recommendation. You will be asked to enter online the names and contact information (e.g., affiliation, email, phone) for your references and then to activate a request for a letter of recommendation. You must enter this information even if letters are being submitted via postal mail.
- GRE Scores. Please request that ETS send your scores to the University of Washington, institution code 4854. Scores will be delivered electronically to your online application. Scores must be no more than 5 years old.
- TOEFL Scores. These scores are required for all international applicants with certain exceptions. Please request that ETS send official scores to the University of Washington, institution code 4854; official scores are automatically matched to their applications. Scores must be no more than 2 years old. The IELTS, MLT and PTE are also accepted.
- Unofficial Transcript. Unofficial transcripts must be uploaded into the online application. You will be asked to submit an official hardcopy transcript only if you are offered admission. Therefore, do not send hardcopy transcript materials until you are asked to do so.
- Application Fee. A $75 application fee is required for your application to be processed by the UW Graduate School Admissions Office. You must pay online to be able to declare your application complete
Please note that we are proactive in handling partner situations in the admissions review process, so please let us know if such a situation exists and we will help if we can.
If you have any questions after reading these instructions, please review the Frequently Asked Questions topic and then contact the Graduate Advisor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 206-543-1695.