This information is intended for students who already hold a bachelor's degree (in any subject, from any school) and are interested in studying undergraduate-level material in computing from UW's Computer Science and Engineering department.
- If you want to take UW courses but do not want to complete a degree, you may enroll through UW Extension's Non-Degree Enrollment program.
- If you want to enroll as a post-bac to take courses in preparation for grad school, but you will not apply to a CSE major, you should contact a UW Admissions Counselor.
Due to extremely high demand for our program from first-time bachelor's students, UW CSE is not currently accepting applications from students looking for a second bachelor's degree (i.e., post-baccalaureate applications for a bachelor's degree).
We are considering the possibility of a new program specifically for post-baccalaureate students in the future that would likely provide in-depth study but less than a full bachelor's degree. If you would like to express interest in such a program and be contacted if more information becomes available, please fill out this short form.
For now, we recommend that prospective students who already hold bachelor's degrees consider alternative options*, for example:
- UW Bothell and UW Tacoma Bachelors' and Masters' programs.
- UW Bothell also has a one-year graduate certificate designed for students with a bachelor's degree outside of computer science. It is designed to prepare students for study in their master's program.
- Related departments at UW Seattle
- Other Washington public and private colleges
- Oregon State University (online program)
- The University of British Columbia
- There are also numerous other options online and outside Washington state
*While we suggest considering these options, the CSE department does not endorse any specific program or college.
- Program Overview
- Admissions & Prerequisites
- Application Review Process