How to Apply
Undergraduate TA Positions -- Application Instructions
(see the TA Home Page for an overview and more information on CSE TA positions.)
The TA sign-up procedure is a three-step process (be sure to complete all three steps!). When ready to use the online TA signup form (below), be sure to have your CSENetID at hand and follow these steps:
1. REGISTER: Indicate your wish to TA for the current quarter and list your general areas of interest. (Important: Be sure to check the box that says "I wish to TA <quarter>,<year>".)
2. APPLY: Update data about your qualifications so that instructors can more easily find the best qualified TAs.
3. EDIT/ESTABLISH COURSE PREFERENCES: List your TA preferences for individual courses.
- Your individual course preferences will be initialized to values consistent with your course category preferences (Theory, Systems, Graphics, etc.). You may adjust these values at any time until the application deadline. Course instructors can see only your general areas of interest when submitting their own preferences for TAs. Since some courses (CSE 332, 351, 373, etc.) may not fit neatly into a single area, paying close attention to how you rank each individual course will improve your chances of getting the best match for your and the instructors' preferences.
- TAs are often (but not always) expected to attend lectures for a course they wish to TA. Please pay special attention to whether you have a schedule time conflict with any course and check the "conflict" box if a major conflict exists (partial conflicts with lecture times are usually acceptable). Exceptions are sometimes made for students who have previously TA'd for that course or who have made prior arrangements with an instructor. Contact Pim if you have any questions about this.
All students must apply each quarter they wish to be considered a TA. Students who apply and are not appointed during a given quarter will remain eligible to fill any TA openings should they occur.
Take me to the TA sign-up page (CSENetID required).
(Non-CSE students who have a UWNetID can sign up here.)
- TA Advising
- Technical Links
- Bob Bandes Award