Undergraduate and Graduate students
Watch your CSE email or follow the links below for opportunities to help with outreach, recruitment, and mentorship.
- Sign up as a volunteer on our K-12 Outreach mailing list
- Help as a general volunteer or demo your research at CS Education Week Open House (December) or Engineering Discovery Days (April)
- Mentor a new CSE undergraduate at the New Student Welcome in Autumn and Spring
- Present your research to pre-major students in CSE 190A, our Women in CSE seminar
- Tutor undergraduate CSE majors
- Apply to be a CSE Ambassador, a paid position creatign and leading K-12 Outreach programs. Ambassadors are hired each Autumn.
- Lead a summer camp! CSE hires guest instructors for 1- and 2-week camps for middle- and high-school students. Past instructors have included current K-12 teachers, college CS majors, and CSE alumni.
- Submit anonymous feedback regarding diversity and inclusion
- Join the Diversity Allies email list to share info, ideas, and hear about volunteer opportunities
- Run a demo for the freshman Visit Day in spring
- Lead a fun demo for K-12 kids at our CS Education Week Open House (December) or Engineering Discovery Days (April)
- Lead a short workshop or present your research to STEM teaches at our CS4HS workshop (July or August)
- Help with the Allen School's CS track in the Engineering Math Academy
- Host a student researcher or lead a session for WiSE UP BRIDGE in the College of Engineering (August)
- Join the CSE Diversity Committee
- Include a Broadening Participation in Computing (BPC) proposal in your research grant
- Already doing something? Let the Diversity Committee know so we can coordinate efforts!