- The two big monitors on the east wall of the room will probably be off. To turn them on, reach your hand under each, near the lower right corner of the monitor. You will feel a large power button. Press it.
- Push the Video button on the LifeSize phone on the table. You should hear a dial tone. Type the number or IP address of the remote system. The system should call and connect.
Preparing for a Conference
- Turn on all the lights. The system requires as much light as possible.
- Find the LifeSize remote control in the room.
- Point the remote control at the camera, and press any button. Soon thereafter you should see the Lifesize UI on the two large monitors. If you don't see the UI, the monitors are probably off. Turn the monitors on by reaching your hand under the lower right corner of each until you feel the power button. Press.
- Position the Lifesize phone in the middle of the table. The LifeSize Phone contains both the speaker and the microphones for the system.
- If you have a presentation from a laptop, it must be plugged into the VGA cable that’s on the north side of the room (left side of the table if you are facing the monitors). By default your presentation will show up on the left monitor.
Using the Remote Control
You can carry out basic calling functions without the remote simply by using the controls on the LifeSize phone, but using the remote permits a full range of operations such as controlling camera pan/zoom and changing screen layout. The remote control should be in the room, possibly in the cabinet.
General Remote Operations and Tips
- There are dedicated buttons for several functions such as Call, Hang Up, Home, and also audio volume, mute, and video zoom. These buttons are mostly not dependent upon the context of the UI.
- Navigate in the UI with the arrow buttons, using OK to select. In some contexts the arrow buttons will pan the camera.
- The orange button generally takes you back to the previous screen.
- The yellow, blue and green buttons are context dependent. Many UI screens will show a key at the bottom of the screen to indicate what those buttons will do.
- When in a call, the button to the left of Input will toggle through different screen layouts.
- When in a call, the near/far button will let you choose a different camera to control.
No audio from other site
- Make sure volume levels on the phone unit is turned up
- Verify that the other party doesn't have their microphones muted
- Check that the conference isn't muted on this end
Remote site can't hear you
- Check to make sure the phone/microphone unit isn't muted
- Have the other party check their audio levels
Your video doesn't look sharp or looks dim
- Make sure that all the lights in the room are on and warmed up (warming up could take a couple of minutes)