- Capstone Course Videos -- Videos featuring our undergraduate educational initiatives.
- Department "fact sheet" -- Printable department overview (pdf; requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Current department overview -- a current snapshot (pdf)
- Most Significant Bits -- latest issue of our department newsletter (pdf)
- Education and high tech -- Seattle Times op-ed (pdf)
- UW CSE: At the Center of Change -- Education, research, entrepreneurship, outreach, excellence
- The Paul G. Allen Center -- Information regarding CSE's new building
UW Wins Pacific Regionals of ACM International Collegiate Programming Competition (November 1996)
A team of 3 UW CSE students bests 43 other teams, advancing (along with runner-up Stanford) to the finals in San Jose in March.
"Students Help Create Internet Programs" (November 1996)
UW Daily article concerning NETbot, Inc., a UW Internet agent spinoff.
"UW teachers offer 'robot' to navigate the Internet" (October 1996)
Seattle PI article concerning NETbot, Inc., a UW Internet agent
"UW to Build Bridge Between University and K-12 Students" (October 1996)
UW Daily article concerning K-12 outreach efforts.
Intel Corporation donates more than $2,000,000 in Workstation Equipment (September 1996)
Including an article from the UW Daily, and a followup letter.
"Five unknowns" (August 1996)
UW CSE chair Ed Lazowska's status is confirmed by the Seattle Times.
"Taking Technology to Art's End" (July 1996)
A Seattle Times profile of Professor David Salesin.
"Students design promising careers under Salesin's graphics tutelage" (July 1996)
A University Week profile of Professor David Salesin.
Dick Karp receives National Medal of Science (June 1996)
Including articles from the New York Times and University Week, plus a White House press release.
"Biology's Big Project Turns Into Challenge For Computer Experts"
Article from the New York Times describing work by Dick Karp and others.
UW Daily article concerning Prof. Nancy Leveson's undergraduate software engineering course taught using a Boeing case study.
"UW is prime source of best, brightest for key employers" (March 1996)
Seattle Times letters section.