PECASE Awardee, Allen Distinguished Investigator
|Office: 658 Allen Center (directions)||Computer Science & Engineering
|Phone: 206-685-1227||University of Washington|
|Fax: 206-685-2969||Box 352350|
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Seattle, WA 98195-2350|
ResearchMy current research is in the intersections of natural language processing, machine learning, and decision making under uncertainty. I am particularly interested in designing learning algorithms for recovering representations of the meaning of natural language text. For more details, please see my publications.
Bio: I am an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at the University of Washington. Previously, I did postdoctoral research at the University of Edinburgh and was a Ph.D. student at MIT.
- Spring 2016: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (CSE 473)
- Winter 2016: Artificial Intelligence (CSEP 573)
- Winter 2015: Machine Learning (CSE 446)
- Autumn 2013: Natural Language Processing (CSEP 517)
- Eunsol Choi (Co-advised with Yejin Choi)
- Nicholas FitzGerald
- Luheng He
- Srinivasan Iyer (Co-advised with Alvin Cheung)
- Mandar Joshi (Co-advised with Dan Weld)
- Chloé Kiddon (Co-advised with Yejin Choi)
- Kenton Lee
- Victoria Lin
- Julian Michael
- Mark Yatskar (Co-advised with Ali Farhadi)
- Mark released ImSitu, a large, new situation recognition dataset. He has formulated this recognition problem as visual semantic role labeling, where images are mapped to structured action representations. Have a look at the data and recognition demo!
- Luheng released a QA-SRL dataset, demonstrating that non-expert annotators can provide supervision for recovering the predicative argument structure of English sentences.
- Mike released EasySRL, a joint CCG and SRL parser that builds wide-coverage logical forms and uses a fast A* algorithm.
- Congratulations to Yoav and Kenton for winning a best paper award for Broad-coverage CCG Semantic Parsing with AMR at EMNLP 2015.
- Kenton released UW Time, a context-dependent semantic parser for detecting and resolving time expressions.
- Yoav is recording a tutorial on Semantic Parsing with CCG.
print $last_edited; ?>