The faculty are chiefly interested in the following issues, but if there is any feedback that you feel is relevant, you should definitely include it.
- Did you attend the grad student meeting, the talk, or both?
- What do you feel is the candidate's aptitude for teaching?
- What do you feel is the candidate's aptitude for advising?
- How does the candidate fit into the department, area-wise?
- How does the candidate fit into the department socially (our culture comes into play here)?
- How do you feel about the candidate being hired?
- What did you like best and least about the candidate?
Don't feel as though you need to answer all of the above questions; simply let them guide your feedback so that the faculty can get your opinion on issues important to them. Please use the CSE candidate form or ExCEL candidate form to provide your feedback, keeping these questions in mind. Note that, unlike past years, we are NOT mailing feedback to the student host, but rather providing it directly to the faculty via the web. The form will ask you to check boxes indicating whether or not you are in the candidate's area of research, as well as whether you attended the meeting, talk, or both. Anonymity is an option for the form, but keep in mind that feedback can often be more valuable to the faculty if they know who it came from so that they can give it context.