... a compilation of important information for finding both jobs after graduation and summer internships ...
- UW CS&E Industrial Affiliates (be sure to enter your resume in the database here).
- UW CS&E Job Information Official info from the department.
- Tomorrow's Professor(SM) Listserv. A mailing list that provides twice weekly essays and tips on obtaining, preparing for, and performing well in faculty positions. "Desk-top faculty development, one hundred times a year".
- Information for graduating PhDs Collective wisdom from department graduating PhDs for graduating PhDs.
Tips on Interviewing
Advice from professors and recent graduates from the department
- Getting an academic job by Michael Ernst. (May 2000)
- Job Hunters' Powwow by Geoff Voelker. (December 1999)
- A Few Thoughts on How to "Get an Academic Position" by Thu D. Nguyen: PostScript, PowerPoint (June 1998)
- How I Got My Job -- The Unconventional Search by Lauren Bricker: PostScript, PowerPoint (June 1998)
- Is work hell? Life in industrial research by John Wilkes. It is also HP Labs tech report HPL-SSP-97-1. (January 1997)
- Tips for a Massive Academic Job Search by Ellen Spertus. (Circa 1997)
- Early Advice -- what to do now for your job search later by 1996 UW CSE grads. (May 1996)
- Tips on Fielding Audience Questions by George Forman and UW faculty. (February 1996)
- Notes from a Talk on Interviewing by Gail Murphy and recent grads. (June 1995)
- Questions to ask during an interview. (March, 1994)
- Notes on academic job searches by Nancy Leveson. (Circa 1993)
- Notes culled from the Systers support group. (Circa 1993)
- The Great Job Search, or "How I Spent My Spring Semester" by Margo Seltzer. (Circa 1993)
- Notes From a Talk On Interviewing by David Keppel and recent grads. (May 1991)
- Some Useful Tips about Academic Job Interviews by Brian Bershad. (June 1990)
- Some Tips about Academic Job Interviews by Michael F. Schwartz. (November 1987)
- What to Look for When Interviewing in Industry and Academia by Robert R. Henry. (Fall, 1983)