The Computer Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET http://www.abet.org/.
CE Program Mission Statement
To educate our students so that they will reach their full potential in computer engineering research and industrial practice through a deep understanding of the fundamentals of the field, their application in solving problems and creating products, and with an affinity for lifelong educational renewal.
CE Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes
The ABET process revolves around Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes. PEOs are long-term goals that we set for our students, while Student Outcomes are those skills and abilities we expect our students to have when they graduate from our program so they can achieve the PEOs. We assess how well our students meet these PEOs and Student Outcomes, and we use the results of this assessment to improve the program.
Program Educational Objectives
Engineering QualityOur graduates will engage in the productive practice of computer engineering to identify and solve significant problems across a broad range of application areas.
LeadershipOur graduates will engage in successful careers in industry, academia, and public service, providing technical leadership for their business, profession and community.
Economic ImpactOur graduates will enhance the economic well-being of Washington State through a combination of technical expertise, leadership and entrepreneurship.
Lifelong LearningOur graduates will adapt to new technologies, tools and methodologies to remain at the leading edge of computer engineering practice with the ability to respond to the challenges of a changing environment.
Student OutcomesOn graduation from the computer engineering program, our students will have:1. an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
2. an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
3. an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
4. an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
5. an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
6. an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgement to draw conclusions
7. an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment and Graduation Numbers
- 2008 - 2019 Computer Engineering
- 2008 - 2019 Computer Science
- Degrees Granted
- 2008-2019* Computer Engineering
- 2008-2019* Computer Science
*Note: 2019 degrees will not be finalized until October 15th, 2019