Brian Curless, Professor, joined the Computer Science & Engineering faculty at the University of Washington after earning his Ph.D. from Stanford University, and B.S. from the University of Texas, Austin.
Professor Curless's research interests span a number of areas in computer graphics and vision, including computational photography, multi-view stereo, 3D range scanning, surface shape and appearance reconstruction and modeling, and 3D interaction.
Honors and awards
- University of Washington ACM Teaching Award
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Faculty Fellowship
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award
- Computer Science Department Arthur Samuel Thesis Award, Stanford University
- Gores Award for Teaching Excellence, Stanford University
- Summa Cum Laude, University of Texas, Austin