Links of interest related to the class. Links to various software packages are on the software page.
- Pinhole Photography. An essay on
Pinhole Photography with History, Images, Cameras, and Formulas from photo.net.
- There are numerous applets on the web to create ripple effects. One list of examples is found
- An annotated survey of online resources related to
Stylized Depiction in Computer Graphics:
Non-Photorealistic, Painterly and 'Toon Rendering. Seeing is more than just realistic images ...
- ACM tutorials, including C++ and CVS.
The ACM presented a special C++ tutorial on Thu Oct 9, 5:00-7:00pm, in CSE 022.
- Eric Weisstein's World of Mathematics from Wolfram Research. A great
mathematical resource, with "11,454 entries, 106,877 cross-references, 5,550 figures, 241 animated graphics,
1,014 live Java applets, and counting... ".
- The Animation Show, coming to the Seattle Art Museum Sept 25 and
the Varsity Theater Sept 26 through October 2. "This year's line-up spans eight countries and features everything
from forgotten classics to the very latest in computer animation."
- Akiyoshi's Illusion Pages. Interesting visual
from simple patterns.
- A novel view transform example [Ping Pong] and other
- Edward Tufte
sculpture: projection and shading in the real world.
- Larry Kagan:
Wall Sculpture in Steel and Shadow. Projection from 3D to 2D.
- Viewing direction is really important in shaping our perception of what we are looking at.
Escher for Real brings Escher's drawings to
life as real world models.
- BioMotionLab demo of motion capture data and manipulation.
College and the Art of Life,
David Salesin, UW Convocation Address, 28 September 2003.
- Chart (660KB) showing trends in computer power.
- The nVidia developer relations page has some interesting demos with source code, including the
Bubble example of environment mapping that
I showed in class.
- Physically Based Modelling. Principles and Practice. Andrew Witkin and David Baraff.
- HyperGraph, computer
graphics learning materials from the ACM SIGGRAPH Education Committee.
- Principles of traditional animation applied to 3D computer animation. John Lasseter.
- Tricks to animating characters with a computer. John Lasseter.
- Interactive Control of Rigid Body Simulations. Jovan Popovic.
- Stick figures in action. www.xiaoxiaomovie.com.