Through extensive interdisciplinary collaboration, UW has a long history of innovative research in intelligent interaction dating back to our early work on constraint-based interfaces. The following list summarizes some areas of expertise, but click on the projects tab to explore specific research efforts or use the people tab to connect with UW researchers.
- Activity recognition
- Applications of machine learning and preference elicitation in UIs.
- Crowdsourcing, community sourcing and mixed AI/human computation.
- Decision-theoretic interfaces and agent interaction
- Interactive machine learning and active learning
- Programming by demonstration
- Smart sensing and embedded devices.
print $last_edited; ?>