The Graduate Student, 5th Year Masters, and Postdoc Advisory Council (G5PAC) meets regularly with Allen School leadership about policies & issues related to masters students, PhD students, and postdoctoral researchers in the Allen School. Members takes a long-term view on development in the school and are willing to work towards solutions to hard problems. The G5PAC was formed as part of the resolution process around a union grievance in the summer of 2018 with the goal of giving the graduate and postgraduate community in CSE a way to dialogue with school leadership and work together towards addressing the long term needs of researchers, TAs, and the school.
Weekly summaries of G5PAC activities are mailed out as a POI to the department. The full collection of weekly updates can be found here:
Yearly Progress Report
A yearly progress report from the G5PAC describes the completed activities for the year and ongoing work.
If you would like to be involved, have ideas for areas or topics that the council should consider, or have any questions or comments please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Council Members
The current council members for 2019-2020 are:
- Laura Arjona (postdoc): Fall 2019 - present
- Nicasia Beebe-Wang (PhD student): Summer 2019 - present
- Elise deGoede Dorough (Director of Grad Student Services): Winter 2019 - present
- Philip Garrison (PhD student): Fall 2018 - present
- Dan Grossman (faculty): Fall 2018 - present
- Jane Hoffswell (PhD student): Winter 2019 - present
- Melissa Hovik (5th year Masters student): Fall 2018 - present
- Samia Ibtasam (PhD student): Fall 2019 - present
- Esther Jang (PhD student): Fall 2018 - present
- Matt Johnson (PhD student): Fall 2018 - present
- Kelly Mack (PhD student): Winter 2020 - present
- Maarten Sap (PhD student): Winter 2019 - present
- Ather Sharif (PhD student): Fall 2019 - present
Previous Council Members
Previous council members listed in alphabetical order. Terms of service include the starting and ending quarters.
- Shumo Chu (PhD student): Fall 2018
- Kameron Harris (postdoc): Fall 2018
- Joe Redmon (PhD student): Fall 2018
- Anna Kornfeld Simpson (PhD student): Winter 2019 - Summer 2019
- James Wilcox (PhD student): Fall 2018