My interests are broadly in the fields of databases and distributed systems. My current work focuses on data management for data science, cloud computing, image and video analytics, database systems for VR/AR, and machine learning + databases.
- Open world data management and analytics system: In this project, we are developing a new type of data management and analytics system designed to work with samples of real-world data, yet answer analytical queries about that world. [Project website forthcoming soon].
- Image/video analytics (in particular deep learning): In this project, we are developing new data management techniques to accelerate and better support deep learning over videos and scientific images. [Project website forthcoming soon].
- LightDB: Data management system for VR/AR/MR applications. In this project, we are building a new data management system for virtual reality applications.
- Myria: Big data management as a cloud service. In this project, we are building a new big data management system as a cloud service and are studying the various associated technical challenges.
- Data Eco$y$tem: Data Management and Pricing in the Cloud.
- CQMS: Collaborative query management.
- Nuage: Data management in the cloud (first project).
- SciDB: Array data management. The UW-local part of SciDB is described here.
- RFID Ecosystem: Experimenting with a pervasive RFID-based infrastructure.
- Lahar: Markovian Stream Processing.
- Moirae: Exploiting history in monitoring applications.
- PEEX: Probabilistic Event EXtractor for RFID data.
- FlowDB: Using relational databases in network forensic analysis.
- StreamClean: Cleaning sensor data.
- HomeViews: Helping home users organize and share their data.
- Distributed stream processing with Borealis and Medusa.
- Study of user mobility patterns and network utilization in a corporate WLAN.
- Twine: scalable resource discovery system for pervasive computing environments.
- Infranet: Internet censorship circumvention system.